Friday, May 6, 2016

In Memoriam - Jim Lavene

In Memoriam 
Jim Lavene

The mystery world had a great shock yesterday. Author Jim Lavene died. It's been just over 6 months that his wife and writing partner suddenly died, and now his death, again sudden and completely unexpected.

I hope his family can find solace and we can all find joy in the works Jim left behind. On a purely selfish note I will miss the books that never made it to light; the continuation of so many series I loved, characters and places trapped in amber. The Sweet Pepper Fire Brigade Mystery series, the new Christmas Tree Valley Mystery series, The Taxi for the Dead Paranormal Mystery series, and the Peggy Lee Gardening Mystery series, just to mention a few of my favorites, not only of their mysteries, but of all mysteries.

The world has lost an incredible team, an unparalleled partnership. One can only hope that Jim and Joyce are together again, writing on another plane of existence, happily reunited.

I hope you'll leave a comment sharing any memories you have of Jim, or your favorite book or series that he penned. 

3 comments:

  1. I am saddened by Jim's passing. I love their books and am still amazed by the number of wonderful books thst Jim and Joyce wrote. They will be missed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just can't believe it! I guess he just had to join Joyce.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am saddened by Jim's passing. I will miss their books and daily, happy Facebook greetings. It will be the little things that you will remember, the quiet moments, the smiles, the laughter. And although it may seem hard right now, it will be the memories of these little things that help to push away the pain and bring the smiles back again. With Loving Memories

    ReplyDelete