Friday, July 25, 2014

Review - A Potion to Die For

Review

A Potion to Die For by Heather Blake
The First Magic Potion Mystery

A Potion to Die For is a fun read that kept me up way past my bedtime, even though I had to get up early!

Heather Blake writes a fast paced story for this, the first in the Magic Potions Mystery series. It starts with a mob chasing Carly Bell Hartwell, careens through various wacky characters, includes two wild car rides, and ends with me pushing on to finish as I had to know the ending.

The characters are fresh and funny, but there is a depth to these characters as well. I want to know more about them. A perfect example is Delia. When she first made the scene I thought, "OK, here's the nasty character that's going to make all sorts of trouble and is going to annoy me". Delia may be dark to Carly's light, she may cause problems, but I like her. There's a lot more to her than the stereotypical nemesis and even Carly comes to that realization. Plus, Delia has Boo!

If you're looking for a fun, fast read you need look no further. A Potion to Die For is perfect for whatever ails you!

1 comment: