Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Currently Reading...

I'm currently reading A Taste Fur Murder by Dixie Lyle. This book is the first in the Whiskey, Tango, and Foxtrot Mystery series. When I saw this book on the shelf of the bookstore I knew it would be right up my alley. The cover grabbed me with its shades of blue...and a cat..and gravestones... and a full moon. The series title also piqued my interest. Then I read the back cover; "animal lover"..."zillionairess"..."giant ghost beast". Yup, I bought the book. I'm very pleased that I did.

Diedre "Foxtrot" Lancaster works as a Girl Friday for an uber rich eccentric on her estate just outside of New York City. One day something odd happens in the pet cemetery. What was once a nice, peaceful place is suddenly ominous and threatening, and Foxtrot begins to see things. She is soon visited by the reincarnation of her childhood cat, Tango, and an ectoplasmic shape shifting dog who tell her a human's death will put the graveyard, which is a mystical nexus, in danger. So they must stop it!

I love the characters, the storytelling, and the uniqueness of this new series and can't wait to see what happens next!

No comments:

Post a Comment