Sunday, August 4, 2013

Review: Read and Buried By Erika Chase


Read and Buried By Erika Chase
The 2nd in the Ashton Corners Book Club Mystery Series

The Ashton Corners Book Club is back in action. It’s Christmastime in Ashton Corners, Alabama and Lizzie Turner and her friends get an unholy surprise. A well known novelist shows up in town and intends to speak at their book club meeting. His intentions, however, are questionable and he winds up dead.

I thoroughly enjoyed my second visit to Ashton Corners, although I still am not sure how Lizzie finds the time for all of her activities. She has a regular job, tutors, is in a choir, a book club, and jogs regularly! There was one minor editing issue which caught my attention and caused me to read the section in question a few times, but it certainly didn’t detract from the story as a whole. I wonder if anyone else caught it.

Erika Chase gives us cozy Southern charm and characters we’d like to call friends. I know I enjoy my time in Ashton Corners; I recommend you pay a visit!

Read and Buried    * * * *
The Ashton Corners Book Club Mystery Series     Too early to rate

My rating system:

To me a 5 star book is an amazing read that swept me away and left me changed. A 4 star review is a great book that I really loved. 3 stars is still a solid good read, positive and enjoyable. Reviews will cease to be that positive at the 2 star rating-an OK book with serious flaws. And a 1 star-don't bother.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kathy,
    Thanks for the great review. I've not yet found nor heard about the editing glitch -- can you please email me and tell me where it is? erikachase@rogers.com Life if full of glitches but it's the editing ones that get to me. :)

    ReplyDelete