Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Currently Reading...

I'm currently reading Going Through the Notions by Cate Price. This book is the first of the Deadly Notions Mysteries and will be released September 3rd.

Daisy and her husband have left New York City and moved to the small village of Millbury, Pennsylvania. Daisy has opened her own store, Sometimes a Great Notion, which sells antique notions-sewing bits, vintage fabric, some antiques, and odds and ends. When they arrive at an auction they discover their friend, the auctioneer, has been arrested for murder.

I am enjoying the book, though I had difficulty at the start with author Cate Price's writing style. Too many incomplete sentences made reading stilted for me. In addition, while I don't dislike Daisy, I'm having difficulty really relating to her. As I've continued reading, either I've gotten used to the writing, or the style's changed as I don't find it as distracting as I did before. The story is good and I am enjoying it despite these setbacks.

No comments:

Post a Comment