Sunday, May 19, 2013

Grannies, Guns & Ghosts Book Tour-An Interview with Madison Johns

I'd like to welcome Madison Johns, author of the Agnes Barton Mysteries. Grannies, Guns and Ghosts is the second book in the series with Armed and Dangerous being the first.


Kathy: Do you believe in ghosts?
MJ: I believe in the possibilities of ghosts. I just haven’t seen one first hand.

Kathy: Why do you think Senior Sleuths are popular? Or do you think that they're not popular?
MJ: I think they are popular, but maybe not the most popular. This is definitely a growing genre that isn’t oversaturated as of yet. Readers love the idea of senior aged characters solving crimes.

Kathy: What first drew you to cozy mysteries?
MJ: They are not graphic and humor based so what’s not to love. It’s the one genre that is branching out.

Kathy: Do you write in any other genres?
MJ: I also dabble in romance.

Kathy: Tell us about your series.
MJ: My series depicts two senior aged ladies digging up clues with enough laugh out loud antics to make James Bond blush.

Kathy: Do you have a favorite character? If so, who and why?
MJ: Eleanor Mason, she can say anything or do anything. She also gets the best lines.

Kathy: Did you have a specific inspiration for your series?
MJ: I used to work at a nursing home and the residents pretty much inspired all the characters and the series. What I wanted to do was take them out of the nursing home and let them run lose in a town.

Kathy: What made you decide to publish your work?
MJ: I knew it was a great idea and it was unique. When I finished editing I swear I got the chills. My series was written for the baby boomers, but many readers are much younger.

Kathy: If you could have a dinner party and invite 4 authors, living or dead, in any genre, who would you invite?
MJ: 1. Janet Evanovich (I’m a huge fan of hers.) 2. Lisa Jackson (I love her thrillers.) 3. Johanna Lindsey (I grew up reading her books.) 4. Kat Martin (I love her romances.)

Kathy: What are you currently reading?
MJ: I’m currently reading Montana by Debbie Macomber.

Kathy: Will you share any of your hobbies or interests with us? 
MJ: I love to play basketball with my kids. I also love to camp and go fishing.

Kathy: Name 4 items you always have in your fridge or pantry.
MJ: Diet Coke, milk, animal crackers, and popcorn.

Kathy: Do you have plans for future books either in your current series or a new series?
MJ: I’m working on a third installment of my series. This time around my ladies are going to Florida for the winter.

Kathy: What's your favorite thing about being an author?
MJ: I love the interaction with readers. I love when they message me and tell me how much they love my books. I also interact with readers on Facebook.

Kathy: Thanks so much for taking the time to answer my questions.
MJ: Thanks for asking some great questions and for having me on your blog.

Cozy Mystery Book Tours, the host of this book tour, is having a giveaway! You could win a $25 Amazon.com or Paypal cash. The link to the giveaway is here: http://cozymysterymarketing.com/?p=315.

3 comments: